2.11.2009

A Better Day

I realized after working 3 basketball games yesterday that sometimes I get myself to stressed out on what I am doing wrong instead of actually listening to the coaches. They usually are not angry at me but it comes across that way. The other day after having the coach yell specifically at me, I was quite peturbed at him but after the game he came and thanked me and my workers for doing such a great job and apolagized for yelling at us.

That really made me think about how often we get caught up in a certain situation and often act in ways that we later look back on and regret, so even if someone has me angry to the point of madness I will try to not let it bother me as much because really it's not me they are angry at, just the situation.

3 comments:

  1. That's a really smart way of thinking. My boss snapped at me yesterday, and I was pretty mad and upset for the last hour or so of work. I hated feeling that way, though. I think I'll try just letting it go next time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to think about life--sometimes it's frustrating to work with snappy people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inviting me to your blog!

    It always stings a little when people snap at you. Your perspective is a good one, though. You're right--most likely it's not you they are really mad at.

    Love your profile photo!

    ReplyDelete