This evening I attended my brother's piano recital and realized how much I love clasical music. Don't get me wrong I like pop culture and the trendy beats that you can rock out to *side note: never have I, nor do I ever intend to, sing along to songs in public...that's one line i'm not willing to cross :P* But there is something about creating your own story that makes it great, I love hearing the different movements and being able to visualize what's going on in the story and get lost in it.
That is something that pop culture has taken, the ability to hear a piece of music and have totally different idea about what the story is then the person sitting next to you. That's the beauty in music, it's intended to be different for everyone. Even though music is always evolving and changing, by simply playing a piece composed years ago you can capture the time period in which it was written. Each era has a unique sound and each piece of music is like a photograph :)
I'll admit that it can be overwelming if played all the time but in fragments it's quite enjoyable. Hopefully in the future I can learn to play better, because it is a love of mine. To bad I have to get started on the rest of my life or else I would have continued my music education :P Oh well there's always later in life :)
No comments:
Post a Comment