8.01.2011

I'm Going Inside {Someday} Soon

Every day we get a little bit closer. Every day we grow closer together. We can be sitting there and I find myself just staring at him while he sleeps (he seems to fall alseep on my couch quite often :P). Today was interesting though, I had a full Sunday talking about temples and I loved every minute of it. As you can guess it's always been a very important part of my life and I get older I know it will continue to be :). Again I brought to tears as my parents and Arles were explaining the layout of the Salt Lake Temple (my family just got back from Salt Lake and apparently at the visiters center there is a replica of the inside). This doesn't seem real and I sometimes can't believe that in a months time I will be able to go past the front desk inside the Cardston as well as every temple on the earth. There is so much I want to know about. So much I have to learn. Ever since I got engaged I seem to be imporving myself; I no longer watch sketchy movies, I am striving to keep my thoughts and actions clean as well as attending temple prep classes. I want to be as prepared for this as possible. I can't wait until I have a recommend in hand and Arles beside me as I enter for the first time. It's only 36 days away!

Just over a month then I will follow President Monson's council to attend sessions as often as we can. Soon I can go anytime I wish. The sealing may be for both of us (I'm so exicted to take this step) but the endowment is for me. It is very personal and although Arles will be with me every step of the way into eternity I am doing this part for me. Not because I am getting married, but like I decided earlier this year. This is for me. I love this gospel and love the people who have brought me to this point. And now the people who will take me forward. Things will change. That's a guantee. But I'm not scared anymore, I'm excited for the future and how things have worked out. Life is good :)

2 comments:

  1. Im so proud of you Julie, that's exactly what the endowment is for, for this individual. Those covenants and promises you make in there for the endowment are between the individual and the Lord. and when you think of it like that, you'll have a deeper appreciation and respect for the promises you'll make. I love you so much!! and i cant wait for you to experience all of the wonderful things inside the Temple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going through the temple for the first time is such a beautiful experience. I'm sure you've received loads of unsolicited advice, and I want to share something that really helped me when I went for the first time: You won't comprehend or remember everything about the temple ceremonies, and don't let that worry you. Focus on how you feel, because that is something that you'll remember forever. The rest of it will become more familiar with time, so for now (and really, always) just focus on how you feel when you're there.

    That made such a difference in my first temple experience :) I love you, Julie!

    ReplyDelete