Where has the time gone? I feel like the summer just ended and here we are in full fledged winter. I've seen Christmas lights up, parties being advertised and already every weekend in November is accounted for. This year hits different for me, for the last two Christmas' covid has claimed so much joy and happiness so the thought of having a normal Christmas makes me feel like there is hope again. I am fully aware that things may never be 'normal' again, but I'll take what I get.
This year marks ten Christmas' of collecting toys for the hospice. Ten years ago I had a newborn and now I continue to celebrate her in anyway I can. What started as something to help me get through the holidays has become my favorite part of Christmas. I am not the Julie that I was all those years ago. I have scars and also a family to share this with. For me, this was always the point, I wanted my kids to know that they had a beautiful sister who unfortunately can't reside earth-side with us, but none the less, she is part of the family. My little Felix frequently talks about baby Ayla in heaven and I"m so excited that he will be able to take part in this wonderful tradition. My two older ones are always excited to help me organize and pack the car. The first year we were married Kaylee and Melissa came with me, but since then, they haven't been able to set foot in the hospice.
As always here is a refresher of what I do. Every year I collect toys, books, and clothes for the hospice to deliver to families staying there through the holidays. My hope is and has always been to bring a smile to faces that may not always feel seen. Being in the hospice can feel very isolating and I am happy to let families know that someone cares about them and their pain.
As a reminder here are some things you can donate.
No comments:
Post a Comment