10.02.2009

happenings

So since the last time I posted there hasn't really been alot going on in my life, I am currently working and attending one class at the College. Doing both really dones't leave much time for me to hang out with friends and it kinda makes me feel like a hermet and I don't like it. You see when i'm at home my friends are at school and when they're home i'm either at work or school so our scedules never coinside.

I am taking a childcare course and that is actually one of the funnest classes I have ever taken, it definitely has many politial aspects to it as it is a goverment course but other then that it's great. I am also volunteering at the school here to gain some expeirence in the classroom so i know if i truly want to go into Early Childhood Education or stick to daycare work.

On a happier note I should be getting a cell phone soon!! Yay for actually being in the loop and texting people :P I have never owned a cell phone of my very own so I'm pretty excited to be able to own it and be able to pay for it myself :)

About a month ago my mom was called to be Stake Relief Society President, and just last week she was sustained, I was in class at the time she was set apart but I can't believe how spiritual she has become in the past month and a half. At first she was overwelmed but as time went on she realized that she was choosen for this calling and that she needed to accept it and move on, she has truly been an inspiration to me and I hope in the future I become like her. I don't envy her though...any stake calling is a pretty big deal and to be able to handle it with the poise she has takes a very strong woman.

Also today is my brothers birthday!!! It's weird to think that 15 years ago today Eric was born and brought into this family. I'd like to think that I named him because one day when my mom was very pregant she asked me what I thought a good name was and I told her if it was a boy Eric, and if it were a girl Ariel (yes it was off of The Little Mermaid, but give me a break I was 3 at the time!!) I am so glad that he was given to my family and I and can't imagine my life without him in it. There I go all mushy again...ohh well, I am truly grateful for him and can't wait to spend Eternity with him and the rest of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment