
Today I was thinking about my cousins Charlotte and Emily, maybe it's just because I see how much fun they are having at BYU together and I want in on it or just because I haven't seen them in a while...what ever it is I miss them :( They have always lived pretty far so when I do get to see them it's a pretty big deal, but at least with blogging and facebook I can see what's going on in their lives and they can see what's new in mine :P They are sOo attractive and have always had great style, and guess the fact that I love hanging out and talking to them is of some importance too.
Last time they came for a visit I remember laying on the bed beside Charlotte's while we both read the 6th Harry Potter book and since she was a little ahead of me she would lean over and say such things like "Just wait till the next chapter, you're going to really hate Snape then!!" haha. Also when I was bawling like a baby she was the only one who knew why and she was there to comfort me through the loss of Dumbldore :P.
A couple years later I got to visit them over Christmas break. And had the pleasure of being snowed in with them, durring that time I watched The Office for the first time and have been watching it ever since. While I was there I got to attend the youth New Years dance with Emily, it was there where she stood in the middle of the dance floor with her hand held up durring a slow song...it worked :P. I loved every minute of that trip (well almost... the doll head photo album in my bed was not so nice) but it strengthened my relationship to them and the rest of their family.
With us all growing up and going our seperate ways it's nice to know that no matter where we are we can always facebook or text each other :)
Thanks so much Julie. I love the time that we get to spend together. I love reading about what's going on in your life. I'm always impressed with your hopefulness and how you simply love life. Maybe you can make it down for another trip this summer! I love that even when we don't see each other too much, we are still cousins, and that will always keep us close. Cousins make the best friends. =)
ReplyDeleteDon't you love how technology has the ability to to keep us in touch with our loved ones :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for this, Julie! (Sorry it took me so long to read it—your blog doesn't pop up on my google reader). I wish that we all lived closer so we could spend more time together. And I loved reading HP 6 next to you! (That was a sad day when I finished.) And you get to come down to Denver for the wedding in August (I hope)—that's absolutely wonderful!! Love you!
ReplyDelete