TMI Warning; This post is not for people who have a weak stomach, so reader discretion is advised.
I've avoided blogging about this because to it's some what gross and at the time I didn't want people to know but since it's sbout the only exciting thing that's happened since my cousins left I thought what the heck. SoOo about a week and a half ago I was coming down with what I thought as a cold since I never have allergies, now it makes sense that it was allergies but at the time it never crossed my mind.
Anyways my tuesday was like any other one, I went to work, came home, facebooked for a bit then sat down for dinner. As I sat down and was about to take a bite of my chocolate chip pancake I sneezed (harmless right?) Well it wasn't harmless, right after I sneezed blood started coming out of my nose, so I went to the bathroom and tried to make it stop; normally it takes five mintues max for it to stop, not this time!!
It only got worse, it was pouring, literally pouring out of both nostils and all I could see was blood pooling in my sink. At this point (it's been 15 mintues now) my mom is starting to panic, she called my neighbour who is registered in first aid and asked her what we should do. She told us to get to the hospital to see if they can stop it. Right after she hung up the phone my dad gave me a blessing so that I wouldn't faint or something, I don't even remember much of what was said, I was kinda freaking out at that point.
So we left for Raymond and luckily I have a mother who was willing to hand me tissues and hold a bucket so that I didn't get blood everywhere, you should've seen the bathroom sink...it was so nasty. Anyways by the time we got to the ER my nose had basically stopped and all the doctor needed to do was take a look at me to make sure I was alright. Durring the time I was there all I could think was "I cannot believe that I am in the ER for a stupid nose bleed", luckily there was no one there except the nusres and doctors to see my face covered in blood.
It turns out that taking Advil really does thin your blood because a couple days earlier I had taken some, mix that with hay fever and a really dry nose and you get a horrible nose bleed. I still can't believe that it lasted for about 45 minutes before it stopped...and that I wasted a perfectly good wash cloth on my nose. I would've taken a picture but I was to grossed out to show the world my lovely experience.
So moral of the story?? Don't take Advil durring allergy season.
No comments:
Post a Comment