6.28.2010

Recap of the Weekend

This weekend has been packed with family and fun. It started Friday night when we anxiously waited for my family from Denver to arrive at our house. Josh was the most excited to see them everytime a car passed he would get excited until he realized that it wasn't them, then he would get sad. When it finally was them we told him to get the door, he responded with "ahhh dang it!!" haha, he's a funny kid :P. We sat around and talked for a while which was great, I love seeing them and it makes me realize how much I miss them :( but at least I get to see them twice this summer!


On Saturday we prepared for my Grandpa Wood's 80th birthday party by mainly making the salads and such, Aunt Kathy did quite a bit leading up to it and on Friday night we did most of the set up so that come Saturday it would only be the last minute stuff to do. On Saturday afternoon the rest of the family arrived, except for a couple of people who couldn't make it (insert sad face here). It was a great program and and all around great evening, I'm pretty sure that despite the fuss grandpa made about this being to big of a deal he enjoyed himself AND loved his present.

On Sunday those of us that stayed the night all went to church in Cardston with grandpa, and then went to waterton after lunch. It was a beautiful day and even better we all spent it together :). I'm so glad that we have chances like this to hang out, it doesn't happen very often so when it does it's extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment