12.31.2010

Christmas Break

No I have not fallen off the face of the earth, I've been busy working at the daycare and also relaxing at my parents. I have enjoyed doing nothing so much, I'm not sure if I want school to start again :P But just think in four months I will be done for the year!!

Before Christmas break my roomates, Lindsey, and I had a party where we ate way to much and watched movies all night. We even went for a late night slurpee run :P It was a good time. Then a week later we had our own little Christmas where we gave each other our gifts, I love my roommates and am so blessed that we love each other as much as we do :).

So here's the rundown of my Christmas break, pictures will come later :P

First on the weekend before Christmas we headed to Calgary to spend some time with my dad's side of the family. It was nice to spend quality time with my grandparents as we prepared the meal together. I also enjoyed seeing my cousins and their families, it's amazing how old we're all getting :P.

So for Christmas Eve we headed to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner and a program, it was great to be surrounded by family and remember the truemeaning of Christmas. I have to say my favorite quote of the night was from Josher, he was looking very thoughtful and then turned to my Aunt Kathy and said "Mom, do hamsters fart?" I'm pretty sure he's my favorite child ever :P Only a five year old would think of something like that.

Christmas Day was spent at my house with my parents and my brothers. I got a lot of presents and guess what? Santa brought me a blender!!! I can't wait to use it. I also got some books, some cute clothes, a rice maker, some jewlery, a few gift certificates, a CHI (can I just say, i LoVe my CHI), and a Sunday coat. I loved every one of them :). After spending the day with my family my Aunt Kathy, Uncle Jason, and the family came over for left overs. I love my family.

Then on Monday we packed up and went to Medicine Hat for a couple days. The majority of the time was spent on the waterslides :) That's one of things that hasn't changed as my brothers and I have gotten older, we still love going on the waterslides together. One evening we watched Tangled in our hotel room, that has to be one of the cutest movies, I'll deffinately be buying that when it comes out.

From Medicine Hat we went back to Calgary on Wednesday for one of my childhood friend's wedding reception. She moved away when I was 12 or 13 and then I found out in September that she was in the same program as I am in so we reconnected. It was weird seeing all these people at the reception that I have not seen in five years, I can't believe how old I am getting, I saw some children there that I knew when they were babies and now they are ten...it's a strange feeling :P

Now I am back at my parents house and loving it, I'll be going back into town this evening for New Years Eve and then back here for tomorrow. It's been busy but I've loved it :).

Happy New Year to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment