8.07.2012

Letter to Baby Girl

I've been meaning to do this for a while but being Julie I haven't yet :P A part of me is nervous to be speaking to a child. My child mind you. But I know that in the future I'll look back on this and be grateful I did. So here it goes;

Dear Baby Girl,

Being your only a few weeks away from coming into this world I thought I should write to you. It seems so strange to be writting as a mother...I don't know how to even begin. Well I guess I'll begin by saying that your dad and I love you so much (always remember that, life will be rough and there will be times when you don't think we do). We're excited to see your little face and for you to join this world. But we're scared too. No one writes a book on how to be the perfect mother, and to be honest I have very little idea what I'm doing. I'm only twenty one :P I take this job very seriously and want you to know that I have and will always try my best. But don't blame me for mistakes I may make.

You already have been a great strength to me. I love feeling you move inside me and know that you are very much there. In times when I'm sad or upset I love that I can just reach down and feel you. I love you so much and can't wait to hold you in my arms. It's strange to think your dad and I created you. This tiny little person sent from heaven specifically for us. I can't tell you the overwelming feeling of responsibility I feel knowing that God has put you here for me to raise you. It's a pretty hefty job but like I said I'll try my best.
I hope to always teach you that the biggest goal in life is the temple. I have found so much strength and power from attending the temple and I hope you will too. Even from the begining I have always felt closest to you inside that beautiful house. That's where you want to be my little one. I hope to not only tell you this often but show you through my actions.

You have many people who already love you. Uncle Eric likes to feel my belly (you?? I don't know what's my space anymore. You are in my body right now so he's trying to feel you but it's through me). Uncle Chris tried to give you Teddy Grahams the other day. You kick them off my belly. Grandma and Grandpa O'Brien like to watch you move too. Grandma can't wait to show you fireworks...you didn't really like them before you were born...dad's games made you jump as well :P. Dad is about the only one who can calm you down. You respond to his touch in way that you don't respond to me. He loves you baby girl and loves to read stories to you :). You have family in BC who also love you very much. They're pretty excited to meet you. You'll be loved by everyone.

Now for more advice. Be strong; this world is a scary one and there are people here and on the other side who will try to lead you astray. They will do anything to have you, try any means to make you fail on this journey, but I have felt of your sprit and know that you are far stronger then I am. There may be people wanting you to fail but there are far more wanting you to succeed :) You can do it. I know you can. Just remember that God is always here for all of us, he will never abandon you.

I don't really know what else to tell you right now but I'm sure as we get older I'll have much more to say to you :P. Much of it will probably be ignored but that's ok. I'll still say it anyway. I can't wait to see you! I bought some starter up shoes for you, so no worries about that :P You'll love them. Anyway there's my letter to you. Hope to see you within the next two weeks(!!)

Love,
Mom




PS: Love this song
Lyrics:
Sent to this earth
You were saved through the ages
for this day and time
Child of great worth
Child of promise, daughter of the Divine
Pure and holy in a little, white dress
You were held in a circle
and you were blessed

Chorus:
And the Father looked down
And the angels surrounded that place
They knew the truth, all that you could do
And you will, too, if you have eyes to see
What heaven sees in you

Dressed in white once more
Making promises to follow in God's way
So much lies in store
For the little girl who enters at the gate
Pure and holy in a little, white dress
You were led into the water and you were blessed

Repeat Chorus

Do you understand who you are
Part of the Father lives in you
If you continue on this path
Every promise God has given will come true

Heaven on earth
In the house of God, so much fills your heart
and mind
Woman of great worth
Woman of promise, daughter of the Divine
Pure and holy in a long, white dress
You promise forever and you are blessed

And the Father looks down
And the angels surround that place
They know the truth, all that you can do
And you do, too, 'cause you have eyes to see
what heaven sees in you

Will you have eyes to see
What heaven sees in you

*This song is by Mindy Gledhill

No comments:

Post a Comment