3.23.2013

Denver Trip

As you know I last weekend with family that I don't see very often. I knew it would be difficult but I'm so glad I went! I am grateful to Uncle Mark and Aunt Denise for allowing me into their home. I always enjoy my time with them.

We did everything from shopping to playing games. I love it. I hadn't seen them since the summer before Charlotte's wedding. So much has changed! Charlotte has a handsome baby boy named Asher, Emily got married to Johnny (I hope to meet him someday), John is getting ready for his mission, and Sarah is definitely not the 4 year old I met all those years ago!!! Things change but I love that we're family. So no matter what happens and changes we'll always be a family :)

I had great conversations with them and found that as I talked to them I felt like I was letting everything go. I love them so much! I realized that I need to make more of an effort to see them. We may live far apart but I feel just as close to them as my family up here.

A highlight was meeting my dear cousin Asher. As soon as I held him I felt that he knew who I was. I felt Ayla close when I was with him and I know for a fact that she visits often. Before landing I was getting nervous about seeing him. Knowing that Ayla and him were two weeks apart and seeing him might spark sadness in me was a bit overwhelming. I had nothing to fear though. He helped me grieve in ways that no one can understand. He brought me such joy that I finally felt ready to go back to work. It was remarkable.

I loved being in Denver and am so grateful for technology that keeps us in touch. I hope that I can continue to visit as families grow in size. I really do have a fabulous extended family!!

Here's a photo recap of the trip :)












No comments:

Post a Comment