8.15.2013

Re-discovering Reading

About a month ago I realized that there was a part of my life that was missing. It was only when I thought through it that I realized over the past two years I can count the number of books I've read on one hand. Reading has always been a big part of me, I love being being able to escape the world and enter a new one. It's all part of being an introvert :P. 

I think that between schooling, relationships, motherhood, and grief I lost my love for doing things for me. For a time I didn't have much time for anything I enjoyed (other then bring a mother, that brought me a joy that cannot be replaced :) ). But when I did have time for it I just didn't want to. In a way I think that I needed that time to numb out and watch TV all day. However,  almost three years later I am re-discovering my lost world of books.

I am proud to say that since I realized this I have read eight books. I really did miss it and am glad to be back :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment