3.11.2020

Welcome Home Felix

I'd like to introduce you to the littlest of the Branton bunch, Felix. He is sweet and such a joy despite his challenges. I'll write up a full birth story one day, but for now know that little Felix is home from the hospital and doing great. He was born with an intestinal blockage that prevented him from digesting in utero and after. Two days after his birth he had surgery to remove that blockage and some of the bad small intestine, then attach the good part of the small to the large. As a bonus they removed both of his appendices (yes, he had two).

The little man has already spent almost three weeks in the NICU being poked, prodded, and monitored to make sure food can pass through his little body. All systems work if you catch my drift and we are thrilled to have him home. The girls were not able to officially meet him until two days ago and already, they love him to pieces. I don't know how I have been so lucky to have four beautiful children both in my home, and in heaven.

Welcome baby Felix!

No comments:

Post a Comment