This year has been interesting. I started off my year as I usually do, busy but content. But I had no idea how my world and the one around me would change. I’ve talked about my conversation with Arles and the healing I got from it. Hearing from him brought up all sorts of things as you can imagine, but a major one was how much I loved Ayla.
I was able to work through the trauma of her passing and also remember the good bits in the hospital. I remember the water bed my parents had, the loving nurses who checked in, the lamb we ate hours before she died and how we laughed at how smelly it made everyone, the final moments we had with her earth side and the peace we all felt as she passed on from this life, I remember it all now.
It’s easy to forget the goodness when all you see is darkness. And our world has become dark and jaded. But like a blindfold being taken off it’s more important than ever to see the light around you. Ayla might be dead but other children are still fighting; their parents barely hanging on. There are so many people suffering that if I can bring one person some light I’ve done my job.
This year please choose to see goodness in the world and in those around us. Take some time to serve even if it feels pointless because I assure you as a recipient of kindness, that it means more than you will ever know.
As a reminder here are some things you can donate.
- Infant rattles, rings, teether type toys
- Gift cards that can be given to families (Toys R Us, Walmart, Tim Horton's...)
- Pajamas of varying sizes
- Craft kits (with supplies all enclosed) or small boxes of pencil crayons, crayons, markers, etc.
- Musical toys (anything that plays sounds or music, push button toys...)
- Slippers (children and adults)
- One-size fits all stretchy gloves
- Toques and winter hats
- Books (mostly infant and teen books)
- Board games (for any age)
- Sensory games (for any age)
- Teen items (nail polish, journals, hair accessories, etc.)
These are just some ideas, if you have ones of your own then by all means go for it.

No comments:
Post a Comment