I was on Facebook today and realized that it was my friend Laura's birthday. Although I don't see her often I read about her life on her blog. She is fantastic. She was my efy counsellor at one point but she is now my friend.
But as I sent her a message I re-read our old conversation. The last time I talked to her is when I was in Calgary with Ayla. One particular night she brought me some sushi. That night in particular was a very difficult night...it was when we really knew Ayla would be leaving us soon. The doctor had told us that Ayla needed another MRI because of her continued seizures. I KNEW she was going to die. It was one of the hardest nights I had ever had.
Emotions were so high, and that night Laura came and sat with me in my exhausted state. I don't believe that she will ever know how much this meant to me. It was at that point that I knew that no matter how many years has gone by people don't stop caring.
So today I want to wish Laura a very happy birthday! I am so blessed to have her as a friend :)
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment