In the movie there's this child who has a near death experience, he goes to heaven but comes back and tells everyone about it. It was amazing and hit close to home as you can imagine. It amazed me how people who claim to preach and believe in heaven and hell had a hard time believing his story. He told so many beautiful and amazing things that are not to far off of what we read about in the scriptures.
One of the most touching points was the hospital scene. It showed his mother calling others to pray and his father praying and yelling at God asking him not to take his child. I have been there. Shortly after Ayla arrived at the hospital in Calgary I experienced both of those sides.
I walked into the parent room and had to make a couple of devastating phone calls explaining that my sweet baby girl was dying. I was trying to be hopeful but I knew deep down. I knew when I stepped foot in that ambulance that that would be my last ride with Ayla. I prayed the whole way, I begged for Ayla not to be taken. I don't know if Ayla was completely in her body like the little boy in the movie. I know that she knew what was happening and she understood more then me what was going to happen.
I sometimes wish she could've talked and told me of her experience. I'm sure there were so many angels singing to her too. I also know that she knew my pain. She knew. And she still does.
At one point in the movie Colton (the little boy) talks about seeing not only his great grandfather but his sister, who up until that point he had no idea existed. He says that his sister came and gave him a big hug and she wouldn't let go. Not only does this experience tell me that even miscarried children are ours but those who die before us still care.
There's one though who cared enough to die so that we can live. He is the reason we celebrate Easter. Jesus walked into the garden alone and bled from every pore, feeling every pain that we each individually feel. There were times where I have yelled at God asking him why he let me watch Ayla die and I couldn't do anything. I sobbed and felt like he couldn't possibly know what it was like to be the helpless parent who would gladly give their own life so that the child would have one.
As I was praying I got a voice telling me that yes, he understood because he watched Christ bleed and die so that the rest of his children could live. He understands perfectly. And unlike me he could have stopped it, but again, he knew that in order to save me, he had to give up his son.
I can never thank him enough, Jesus felt my pain, your pain, and even little Ayla's pain. And because he rose again he gives that same opportunity to us. We will all live again. And my sweet Ayla and I will finally be able to embrace and cry together.
So this Easter Sunday I am grateful for the belief and knowledge I have that even if a veil seperates us, all of our dead ancestors and friends still live on. And because Jesus loves us so much he was willing to die so we can all eventually live again.

No comments:
Post a Comment