1.08.2011

I Can Go The Distance

I have a confession; I connect Disney songs to life. My current connection? I Can Go The Distance from the movie Hercules :P. No really it can relate to life in that we are constantly trying to find where we belong and who we are. Sometimes it seems like we can’t go on and life is to hard but this song talks about going the distance and doing anything to find out where we belong. I’m lucky in that I know where I’m going and I know where I’m meant to be. Some lyrics that I found to have an impact on me was “I have often dreamed of a far off place, where a great warm welcome will be waiting for me, where the crowds will cheer when they see my face, and a voice keeps saying, this is where I’m meant to be.”


I know that where I am now is where I’m meant to be, and time after time I have had that still small voice confirm to me that I am on the right track and if I continue on this road there are so many things that I can be blessed with. If I go the distance and continue to do what’s right I will end up where I belong. When the going gets tough I need to remember that “I know every mile will be worth my while, I will go most anywhere to find where I belong”. I hope that when I do pass on that there will be crowds cheering my name telling me that I did everything that I could in this life. I know that I can go the distance :)

Anyways I should stop applying songs to my life but tonight this one had a impact on me. So there’s my thoughts for the night :P

1 comment: