1.06.2011

More of the Same

So not much has happened since my last post, mostly just hanging out with my buddies at daycare and laughing at the things they say to me.One quote I find quite entertaining happened a couple of days ago; I was talking to my co-workers when one child approached me and repeated my name mutilple times trying to get my attention, so finally I turn to him and say "Yes *Child O* (I can't use names)" and he then says "I am Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop" quickly then walks away. I have no idea where this came from but it was hiliarious never-the-less :P.

I had an interesting experience on Monday. I went to Julianna's house to play games and hang out with her when I felt like I should head home, I thought to myself why I felt this way at 8:30 at night but I did not ignore this feeling and started heading home. Now earlier in the evening I had taken my brothers into town to use up some coupons that expired that day and to trade vehicles with my dad so that I could see on the way home (my car had a burnt out headlight). My dad warned my that his car did not have snow tires so I needed to be extra careful on the way home.

After getting out onto the highway I realized that the snow was blowing pretty bad so I drove about 10-15km below the speed limit to be extra careful. That was good and I made it all the way to Wilson Siding without any issues. Well as I turned to switch into the righthand lane I noticed some ice, thinking I would be smart and slow down even more I touched the break...bad idea. I don't remember exactly what happened but I skidded into the left lane almost hitting the ditch then almost went into the ditch on the left side and then some how I ended up facing the wrong way on the road. Interestingly enough I just did a U-turn and continued on my way home. I was calm all the way home and didn't start crying until I got home and realized how much danger I was in. I am so grateful that some one was looking out for me that night, the fact that there were no vehicles in either lane, I never actually went into the ditch, and was able to drive another ten mintues without breaking down was incredible.

It may have scared me but I realize how much we are watched over and how if we listen to impressions no matter how small they may be, we will be blessed.

Anyways on a higher note school starts again next week. But I am SO not ready for real life again :P

No comments:

Post a Comment