5.20.2011

Friends.

Friends: the people who love you even when you're at your most unlovable. The ones who say it like it is. Are there for you when you are making the worst decisions in life and have sympathy. Cry with you when life is being...well life.Laugh with you at two in the morning over something silly. Are there no matter what.

I have the best friends and the older I get the more I realize who my true friends are. Some friends come and go and that's fine I totally understand, over time people drift apart. But then there are the ones who stick it out with you, who even on your worst days they feel the need to talk to you. Those are the friends I want. In high school I didn't really have that many close friends, sure everyone liked me but very few actually liked to hang out with me outside the school setting. There was a time where I felt very alone, but now some of these high school friends I have actually grown closer to. I admit it in high school I was the quiet good girl, I never got in trouble and had a great relationship with my parents. I didn't need extra support really because I had my parents (and still do).

I love my high school friends dearly and know that without them high school would have been very lonely. I wish I was better at keeping in touch but I hope they know how much they mean to me.

 Julianna was especially helpful, her and I became insta-friends and she's had my back through the years. We don't get to hang out as often as I like but we are still close. She is sweet and funny and we have had some good times together. She's been with me through the good, the bad, and the ugly. I'm surprised she doesn't tire of me. But she's still there whenever I need to talk. She and I understand each other and one of the first people I call when I need someone.

Becky was another high school friend, she is spunky and has a thrill for life that I wish I had. She is sweet and outgoing. I love her and how she took me into her group all those years ago. She's great! I also hardly ever see her but when I do it's always a good time.

Megan is such a strong person, I wish I had her courage and her ablility to see the good in most situations. Since moving out we have grown a little bit closer, I don't see her near enough but when I do I am so thankful she is in my life right now. She is so wonderful and through the last few years of high school she was a good friend to me. She has my back and still does. I am grateful that we are starting to get in contact again. I love her to pieces.

Since moving out however I have found that the friendships I'm making now are so much closer then previous years. Especially with my roomates Kim, Kalina, and now Jill. It was a spur of the moment decision to move out and I believe Kim, Kalina, and I were meant to live together this year. Also after all the roomates we had to go through in order to still live here over the summer I'm glad that Jill decided to move in.

Kalina and I didn't know each other at all at the begining of the year and quite honestly she has become one of my best friends. We had many late night talks in her room where we would stay up until early hours of the morning talking about random stuff. I miss those nights sometimes but I'm glad that come september we'll be re-united again. She is one of the sweetest girls I know and always has some country song to relate to life...it's cool though country is pretty good :P. I love her dearly and can't imagine how this school year would have been without her.

Kim and I met last year and little did I know that we would soon be living together. She is the funniest person I know and has kept me smiling all year long. I swear when life had me down she brought a smile to my face. She and I have grown really close this past semester and she is one of the few people I could talk to all night and still not get tired of her. She has seen me cry more then anyone (excluding my parents) but I know that I can lay on the couch with her and she can comfort me without saying a word. She has helped me in ways I cannot even begin to explain. I love her so much and can't wait to have summer adventures with her.

I haven't known Jill for that long but already I love her, she's like the sweet sister I never had. I can talk to her for hours about anything and she'll offer up some sort of great advice :). She and I have similar goals in life and I love having someone to talk about deep church stuff with. She and I have become great friends this past semester and already she is forcing me out of my shell. She's the best and I know I can count her her for anything.

I have many more friends who have helped me over the years but these are my gals. I love them each so much and would not be where I am today had they not been in my life. I know that someday I may not be friends with some of these ladies but they will always be a part of me <3

1 comment:

  1. Julie Marie, I love that I am in your post, puts a real smile on my face. :) I am so glad you consider me one of your gals! I love you so fetchin much! Miss you girly!

    ReplyDelete