5.02.2011

My Love.

Have you ever noticed how everytime you listen to something it brings you back to when you first heard it? Or if there was a specific time in your life that you listened to it over and over again, when you hear it now you can't help but smile. I was listening to my music today and I find it funny how certain songs have memories attached, I mean my music library has everything from disney to church with some country and pop thrown in there so sometimes it's a surprise as to what will come on next. I love it though, there are some songs from my childhood up through the present and each one brings back specific memories. It's great.

A few years back when I was still unsure about what I was suppose to do my mom asked me what I was passionate about. At the time I was unsure but over the years I have found two; music and children. I have said this over and over but I love music, it can move you to do wonderful things. I don't know if there is any greater influence then music, it can control everything from your mood to your actions. It's pretty powerful.

This past semester I did a music play area and although the children were crazy on the drums I loved being able to combine my love of children with my love of music. It's not very often that we let children go wild and make 'noise' but they absolutely loved it :) and I loved hearing them have fun (taken with two advil of course). But never the less it was fantastic. I love music and how it speaks in a way that nothing else can.

Where words fail, music speaks.
-Hans Christian Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment