6.10.2011

Enhanced Vocabulary

So recently I have enhanced my vocabulary...gamers vocabulary to be more specific :P. Who knew in order to understand gamer talk you needed to learn a whole new language? Apparently you do. Almost every night for the past week I've watched the boys upstairs play Call of Duty, and with the help of Jessie and Andrew I have defined a few words:

Camping hard: When someone hides out in the spot you reapear at after you are killed. It's the cheap way of getting kills.

Noob: Not exactly sure what it means but I know it's said tons. Usually it's said  in frustration, "Ahhhh! Noob..."

Nuke town: A nuclear town, there's tons of bombs and such going off. It's a good time.

(A personal fav) Winning: "While trying to stick someone with a grenade you are killed, but you kill them as well." This is different then 'win'

Win: When you get 75(?) kills and move on to the next round.

(Also a favorite) Failing: "To be stabbed in the gut". Such a lovely description.

I'm sure I'm missing quite a few words but I'm somewhat understanding what's going on now. But I don't think I'll ever really get into playing it, it's to entertaining to watch the person playing. Apparently it's intense. It's alright though, as long as it doesn't become a huge addiction it's all good. Although the "ha ha I just stuck a knife in your face!" talk concerns me a little :P.
***
On a side note yesterday the Elders came over and taught a lesson to Jessie's best friend. I have never sat in on a lesson to a non-member before and it was great. Seeing someone get a light in their eyes and knowing that there is something there that wasn't there before is by far the most amazing thing I've seen in a long time. I love this gopel so much and being able to watch someone learn and actually take the challange to find out for themself is mind blowing. The lesson went well and by the end he had commited to read the Book of Mormon and come to church on Sunday (which I'm giving a talk at, I thought I could stay invisible forever...apparently such is not the case).

I really am just amazed at how one person can effect another. Jessie got baptized a month ago and already is spreading the gospel, something I have never been good at. His testimony is so strong, so powerful, and pure that you can't deny that he knows it. He's brought me close to tears on a couple of occasions with his testimony. I wish every member had that fire.

Anyways we all had a good chat and I can't wait to see how this all pans out. I love this gospel. So much. There is so much I want to say but can't find the words to express it. I am so spiritually filled today and so happy for the gospel in my life. Without it I wouldn't be the person I am today :) Well anyway there will be more posts to follow. There is tons going on this weekend and I plan on taking as many pictures as possible. Keep an eye out :)

PS: This is my hundredth post!! Crazy hey??

1 comment:

  1. Gaming talk really is a whole different language! Josh plays a computer game that involves its own lexicon. So funny to listen to him play!

    Of course you can't stay invisible! You're too wonderful for people not to notice you, silly :)

    The 100th post is a big milestone—congrats!

    Love you, cute cousin!

    ReplyDelete