6.21.2011

From Notes to Water

Well already it's been a great week :) It started on Sunday where for the first time in a long time I took notes at church. I always think of doing this but I never really do. On Sunday however I did, and it's amazing how much more you get out of the lessons when you do so. I didn't even have a piece of paper so I ended up taking notes on my phone, I'm sure people thought I was texting the whole time but really I wasn't, I was just getting so much out the lesson that I couldn't stop clicking away :P

 In Sunday school we talked about the sacrement and as I relfected on what I truly think about durring the sacrement I realized that I sometimes don't give it my full attention. I have a special place for the Atonement and I really should be thinking about it more. A point that was brought out that stood out to me is that once you've repented, you're forgiven so move on. It's like that sin is gone. I need to remember that sometimes because I am pretty hard on myself, I need to let the past be the past and live in the here and now.

***

Yesterday however was totally different. For FHE we combined with a few other wards for a huge bar-b-q. Kim and I had decided before hand that we were going to leave before the sceduled water fight happened but instead we were having to much fun watching everyone else get soaked that we decided to stay for a bit. You can see where this is going...you're never safe at a water fight.

There I was laughing with Kim at people running around getting water thrown at them. When I see my friend look at me from across the field, he was carrying a cooler of water...then Kim says to me "he just mouthed you're name to his friends" so I ran. And Screamed. Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough and one guy grabbed me and my friend pours the whole thing on me. I was in shock :P I didn't even know what to do so I stood there for a bit, then I decided to join in. We're talking Julie here, do you think I can aim? No, not at all. So instead of getting them wet I missed and they got me a few more times. So I gave up for a while.

Well Kim and I decided to head home so I could put on some warm clothes. So I go around to where the boys are standing filling up their water bottles and such and tell them we're leaving (Kim is still dry at this point). Well it probably was not the smartest idea to go right where they were getting water. They dumped water on Kim, splashed me and after a cup of water being poured down my shirt *glaring at the screen here* we took off our shoes and joined in full force. Again this is Julie we're talking about, I can't aim so for every half a cup of water I dumped, at least three or four were thrown at me. Anyways needless to say I was completly soaked after an hour of this.

I mean it was totally worth it and I had a blast, but I was soOo cold and I'm pretty sure Kim and I were the worst soaked girls in the entire place. That's what you get for hanging out with guys I suppose. And to think we almost got away dry...oh well, it was tons of fun :)

Well I hope you enjoyed story time readers :) Moral of the story? Never laugh at the people getting soaked, you may just end up getting more wet then all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment