Lately I have been thinking about my Grandma Wood, maybe it’s because I’ve been under a lot of stress with school, or because it’s been eighteen years, but I don’t really know. All I know is that I miss her…tons. Don’t get me wrong I love my Grandma Marry; she has been a wonderful Grandma and the only one I remember, she also makes my Papa happy.
My grandma died when I was two so I have no recollection of what she was really like all I have are pictures and stories that my mom and other family members told me. Yet I still feel very close to her, at times when I was young I used to have conversations with her (whether I really did or not I’m not sure but I would like to think so).
I want to know what it would be like to have her around now, to go and visit my Papa and Grandma Wood and sit on the couch while she told me stories from her life, and laughed over things that happened. I want to tell her about my life, what I am doing right now and funny stories from school as well as the daycare I work at. I want to see if I inherited any funny little quirks from her and how much I am like her.
There are things I'll never get to experience, like having her there when I get married (well she will be there, but I just won't be able to see her), having her hold my children, talking to her on the phone about life in general and just visiting her. I'm fairly sure she's around more then we realize but I never get to chat with her.
I know it’s sad to think this but would she be proud of whom I am becoming? I know she’s watching me and cheering me on as I move though my life and I know she loves me and all her family very much . I would just like that reassurance sometimes. But I know that she would never not love me. I hope to have her put her arms around me someday and say well done Julie :)
I am so grateful for the knowledge that I will see her someday and the opportunity we have of being an eternal family. I am grateful for the church and the hope it gives me that even though life can be tough we all have the potential to live with God someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment